Fundraising? Yes - but also FREE money for DCS!
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Support DCS just by shopping at Fred Meyer with your Rewards Card. Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million each year - up to $625,000 each quarter - to the local schools, community organizations and nonprofits of your choice. All you have to do is link your Rewards Card and use it when you shop at Fred Meyer. We are listed as Discovery Community School and non-profit # 81308. You can call 1-866-518-2686 to setup and confirm the link.
Labels for Education and eLabels for Education.com
These programs earn points towards purchasing merchandise through the Labels for Education catalog. This is a totally different program from Box Tops for Education. There is currently a balance in our Labels for Education account of over 10,800 points from previous years! We will keep adding to this and Janet will decide what would be most useful for DCS and go ‘shopping' with our points. Here is a link to Labels for Education participating products .
Labels for Education Update
Please do not affix the labels to anything, especially not the Box Tops forms.
Simply trim the ‘point' from the label (usually 1 or 5 points) near the UPC code and send them in an envelope or plastic baggie. We will collect them in the Box Tops bin in the DCS administrators office.
If you purchase school supplies at Office Depot, they will give us 5% back to DCS. The DCS ID is 70106618 (or you can have them look up our ID).
Click on the logo above or go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1647003 Amazon will donate .5% of your eligible purchase to Discovery Community School.
iGive.com is the first online shopping mall where a portion of each purchase is donated to your favorite cause. Established in 1997 for one purpose: to turn everyday online shopping into donations for worthy causes, at no cost to shoppers or the causes they support.
Over 1,000 Online Stores Where Shopping Helps Your Favorite Cause. (Participating iGive stores)
To shop and qualify for a donation, you must be logged in as an iGive.com member and you must reach the store through iGive.com (using our website, e-mails, or the iGive Button). $5 bonus donation: just make your first purchase* within 45 days of joining! To join, click on the banner above and complete the registration process. No financial information is required.
Boxtops for Education
We all shop for groceries, sometimes two or three times a week –- or more. Now turn those shopping trip into easy cash for your school, and encourage friends to do the same! Just look for the Box Tops logo on hundreds of products like Cheerios®, Hamburger Helper® and Kleenex®, in almost every aisle of the store. All you need to do is clip and send them to your school’s Box Tops coordinator —- each one is worth 10¢ for your school.
- Please make sure boxtops are not expired!
- Please only use the collection forms that are sent home with your child or that you find on the Box Tops website. There are extra copies in Janet's office in the Box Tops collection bin.
- Please do not use the Sandburg collection form.
- Please only affix the number of Box Tops to each form that there are spaces for. Do not add extras...just send them loose if you don't have enough to fill up another form. It's also fine to send in a form that is not completely filled up, we can fill in the blanks. The Box Tops need to be submitted in bundles of 50. The forms we will use will have space for 10 or 25 Box Tops.
Recycle your old Cell Phones and Ink Cartridges to raise money for DCS
PCR is a family run business located in Auburn, Washington that buys empty laser toner, inkjet, fax cartridges, and used cell phones from individuals, groups, organizations, and companies and distributes them to remanufactures all over the world.
There is a box located in the DCS administrators office to turn in OLD CELL PHONES and INK CARTRIDGES.
Buyback product lists can be found via this link and located at the bottom of the page.
DANCE MARATHON will be the Carl Sandburg/Discovery Community School PTSA’s major fundraiser and a community building event for the entire school. This is generally held in the fall.
Great Lakes Scrip Center
Order gift cards from Great Lakes Scrip Center and DCS receives up to 16% of your order (varies per card). Please consider using this program if you need gifts or shop at any of these stores (including grocery chains, gas stations, restaurants, clothing stores and more).
• Check out the huge selection of stores at glscrip.com
• DCS receives a percentage of every card purchased. The exact amount is listed on the order form next to each card.
• Gift cards are available in a variety of denominations (most commonly $10, $25, $50 and $100)
• Gift cards may be reloaded when they are used up so you don't have to buy a new one every time. The gift card must have been purchased through Great Lakes Scrip Center in order for it to be reloaded through them for DCS to get the credit. The card must have been purchased after the date specified when you choose the reload option for that product. (Not all stores are available ). Please make checks out to DCS and either return the order form to fundraising chair, or email them that you have ordered online to fundraising chairperson's email link at the bottom of this page.
• Three easy ways to order.
1. Paper order form (limited selection of stores)
- Download the order form
- Please return the completed form with your payment to our fundraising chair by the deadline.
2. Online shopping (all available stores)
- Register at shopwithscrip.com and use the following enrollment code to identify yourself as a DCS family: 736F7FAB3437
- Please report your online order and return payment to our fundraising chair by the deadline.
- This is the quickest way to purchase scrip for you or a friend. You can order for yourself or send an eGift for various retailers. ScripNow! can be delivered via email. Simply pay by check and the items will be released by your coordinator. (Not all stores are available). DCS code 736F7FAB3437L. Please make checks out to DCS and email our fundraising chairperson that you have ordered online using the email link at the bottom of the page.
Microsoft, Boeing and T-Mobile also have programs that contribute to non-profits based on employee volunteer hours!
Check with your company's human resources department for their policies on matching. If you would like DCS to check for you please contact our treasurers at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with your company information.
Microsoft Corporate Matching Guide
Boeing Corporate Matching Guide (look for the section, “TotalAccess Express for Boeing Employees”)
If you have any questions - please contact our fundraising chairperson at email@example.com
- Community Meeting
- Community meetings are 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Sandburg library. Attendance by at least one parent is encouraged.
- PTSA Informer The Online Newsletter for the Carl Sandburg/DCS PTSA
- Check out Sandburg & DCS PTSA sponsored activities and clubs! Activities change frequently so check back often to see what new programs are being offered and how to register!
- For parents of children with serious health conditions If your child has a life threatening health condition, specific requirements must be met before your child can attend school. Click the link above for more information.
- Become a PTSA Member Follow this link to become a PTSA Member