How To Apply
All children from Kindergarten through 5th grade living within the Lake Washington School District are eligible to apply to Discovery Community School.
How Can We Learn More?
- Attend DCS Information Night! Attendance is recommended for anyone applying to Discovery Community School (parents only please).
- DCS Information Night will be on January 18, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- The meeting will be held in the Sandburg Elementary Commons.
- Signs will be posted welcoming parents.
- Prospective families can visit classrooms during Information Night.
- DCS Enrollment Policy
- DCS philosophy calls for the integration of family involvement into the child's school experience.
- As a practical matter, the involvement of families with multiple elementary students is best supported when elementary-grade siblings are in the same school.
- Thus, DCS enrollment policy provides preference in Kindergarten admission for the new school year to students who will attend DCS concurrently with a previously admitted sibling.
Admission to Kindergarten through 5th Grade openings will be determined by a lottery for eligible children who have completed the application requirements. Once all positions have been filled, remaining applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
- Application available online December 11, 2017
- DCS Information Night (attendance is recommended for parents of children considering Discovery Community School ) January 18, 2018 - 6:30 p.m. in the Sandburg Commons.
- Applications Due - January 19, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.
- Lottery held at the District - February 1, 2018
- Notification to Families - February 7, 2018
- Acceptance Deadline - February 21, 2018
What if I miss the due dates?
- Per LWSD policy, applications received after the deadline are not accepted.
- Contact Janet Zins, DCS Secretary
Discovery Community School
12801 84th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
map - external site
DCS Office Hours
- Mon–Fri from 8:15 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- M, T, Th, & F from 9:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday from 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
When we moved half way across the country, it was great to join DCS. We gained friends who helped us find our way around our new community. Families are really here for each other.