How To Apply
All children from Kindergarten through 5th grade living within the Lake Washington School District are eligible to apply to Discovery Community School.
How Can We Learn More?
- Attend DCS Information Night! Attendance is recommended for anyone applying to Discovery Community School (parents only please).
- DCS Information Night - Virtual please watch video
- DCS Enrollment Policy
- DCS philosophy calls for the integration of family involvement into the child's school experience.
- As a practical matter, the involvement of families with multiple elementary students is best supported when elementary-grade siblings are in the same school.
- Thus, DCS enrollment policy provides preference in Kindergarten admission for the new school year to students who will attend DCS concurrently with a previously admitted sibling.
Admission to Kindergarten through 5th Grade openings will be determined by a lottery for eligible children who have completed the application requirements. Once all positions have been filled, remaining applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
- November 6, 2020 – Online application opens
- December 4, 2020 at 6:30 pm - DCS Information Night watch video above.
- (attendance is recommended for parents of children considering Discovery Community School)
- December 13, 2019 - Applications Due _Deadline by 4:00 p.m.
- January 10, 2020 - Lottery held at the District
- January 17, 2020 - Notification to Families
What if I miss the due dates?
- Per LWSD policy, applications received after the deadline are not accepted.
Discovery Community School
12801 84th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
map - external site
DCS Office Hours
- Mon–Fri from 8:35 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- M, T, Th, & F from 9:20 a.m.–3:50 p.m.
- Wednesday from 9:20 a.m.–2:20 p.m.