How To Apply
All children from Kindergarten through 5th grade living within the Lake Washington School District are eligible to apply to Discovery Community School.
How Can We Learn More?
- Attend DCS Information Night! Attendance is recommended for anyone applying to Discovery Community School (parents only please).
- DCS Information Night - Thursday, January 10, 2019
- The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Sandburg Elementary Commons.
- Signs will be posted welcoming parents.
- Prospective families can visit classrooms during Information Night.
- DCS Enrollment Policy
- DCS philosophy calls for the integration of family involvement into the child's school experience.
- As a practical matter, the involvement of families with multiple elementary students is best supported when elementary-grade siblings are in the same school.
- Thus, DCS enrollment policy provides preference in Kindergarten admission for the new school year to students who will attend DCS concurrently with a previously admitted sibling.
Admission to Kindergarten through 5th Grade openings will be determined by a lottery for eligible children who have completed the application requirements. Once all positions have been filled, remaining applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
- December 10, 2018 – Online application opens (due by 4:00 p.m. on January 18, 2019)
- DCS Information Night (attendance is recommended for parents of children considering Discovery Community School ) in the Sandburg Commons. Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Applications Due - January 18, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
- Lottery held at the District - February 1, 2019
- Notification to Families - February 8, 2019
- Acceptance Deadline - February 22, 2019
What if I miss the due dates?
- Per LWSD policy, applications received after the deadline are not accepted.
- Contact Janet Zins, DCS Secretary
Discovery Community School
12801 84th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
map - external site
DCS Office Hours
- Mon–Fri from 8:15 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- M, T, Th, & F from 9:20 a.m.–3:50 p.m.
- Wednesday from 9:20 a.m.–2:20 p.m.