Professional educators help children achieve personal and academic excellence.
Class WebsitesLWSD uses Haiku to communicate with families.
Haiku is a communication system for the student, staff, and parent community. Students will learn how to use this service to access information about classes, clubs and how to share files and ideas.
Access is available from home or at school.
Physical Education at DCS
Learn more about your child's
Physical Education Program at DCS
Grade Level Power Standards
Teachers, curriculum, standards, and assessment shape the learning experience for students in our district.
Power Standards help teachers focus and prioritize what is most important for students to know and be able to do in the time available for teaching and learning.
- Of the state Grade Level Equivalents (GLEs), Power Standards are the ones that best represent the key skills, concepts and processes mastered at a given grade level.
- Power Standards create the framework for teaching and learning.
Testing & Grades
- State, district, and teachers look at how a student is doing in different ways. Everyone wants each student in the district to learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and community members all have the same goal. How can all these groups, and more importantly, students themselves, know if they are learning?
- That is where grades and testing come in.
DCS Annual Report
- Here you can find the most current Discovery Community School Annual Report and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction Washington State Report Card.
To understand the value of DCS, all you have to do is look around at the kids. The school develops mature, caring and inquisitive youngsters.